Memphis Unsecured Load Accident Lawyers
We share the roads with hundreds of large trucks each day. Large trucks transport all kinds of goods and materials, and it is imperative that these items are secured in place for the safety of everyone on the road. When they’re not, it’s no secret that they can cause serious damage. A 2016 study by AAA showed that debris on U.S. roads caused more than 200,000 accidents between 2011 and 2014. These accidents are common, destructive, and sometimes deadly.
Truckers and trucking companies are responsible for securing truckloads, but when they skimp on this responsibility, they risk the lives of those they share the roads with. If you’ve been injured as a result of someone’s failure to ensure the security of truck cargo, you have the right to seek financial compensation. You should not have to suffer from pain and financial hardship because of someone else’s negligence.
The experienced Memphis attorneys of Gold Law Firm have the skills to get you the compensation you’re entitled to for the expenses you’ve incurred. Call us at (901) 244-5003 or fill out our online contact form today to get started on your free, no-obligation consultation.
Do I Need an Attorney if I’ve Been Injured in an Unsecured Load Accident?
It is always wise to seek legal help in the event of an unsecured load accident. Trucking companies and their drivers are legally required to keep truckloads secure, but that doesn’t mean they will take full responsibility for hurting you. Trucking companies have a plethora of resources they can utilize in order to deny liability in your case. If you pursue a settlement on your own, it is likely that the party responsible for your injuries will offer you a lump sum that is far below what you actually deserve.
That’s where a lawyer comes in. An experienced unsecured loads accident attorney will have the resources to fight back against the negligent trucking company or driver. In order to hold the negligent parties completely accountable, your lawyer will conduct a full investigation of your accident to make you the strongest case for compensation.
In addition, hiring a good lawyer alleviates the anxiety associated with pursuing a case on your own, as well as the stress of piling bills. With an attorney on your side, you’re way more likely to get those bills taken care of without having to dig into your own pockets.
Why Should I Choose Gold Law Firm?
At Gold Law Firm, we pride ourselves on our ability to provide the highest quality legal services to all kinds of injured accident victims. Our attorneys are well-versed in defending victims of all types of motor vehicle accidents, and unsecured load accidents are no exception. We are a top choice in Memphis and the surrounding areas when it comes to compassionate and effective legal help.
Our lead attorney, David Gold, has been practicing law for over two decades. Over the course of his career, he’s helped Tennessee accident victims recover millions of dollars in compensation. More than 5,000 of his clients have been victims of motor vehicle-related accidents. Mr. Gold specializes in these accidents, and he can ensure that you’re treated fairly in the process of pursuing compensation for your unsecured load accident.
Mr. Gold graduated with high honors from the Nashville School of Law. He is admitted to the Tennessee Bar, the U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee, and the U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit. He is also a member of the Tennessee Bar Association and the Memphis Bar Association. In addition, Mr. Gold does pro-bono work with the Tennessee Lawyers Assistance Program and Memphis Area Legal Services.
Our attorneys’ experiences are widely varied, and their results speak for themselves. We are so confident in our ability to recover maximum compensation for you that we won’t charge you a penny upfront. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. No case is too big or too small for us to handle, so there is no risk in setting up a free consultation with us.
What Causes Unsecured Load Accidents?
Unsecured load accidents can be the result of a number of things. Large commercial vehicles already weigh thousands of pounds on their own. With cargo, they weigh as much as 80,000 pounds, and that cargo must be as secure as possible in order to be transported safely. Causes of unsecured load accidents include:
- Failure to Properly Secure Cargo: This common cause of unsecured load accidents is pretty self-explanatory. When items aren’t tightly secured in place, they can fall into the road and cause serious damage to oncoming vehicles.
- Uneven Weight Distribution: Since large commercial vehicles are already so heavy, the proper weight distribution of cargo is of paramount importance to safe transport. Rollovers are a serious risk when cargo weight is not properly distributed, or when unsecured cargo swings from one side of a truck to the other. Any vehicle rollover is dangerous, but with the sheer weight large trucks carry, rollover accidents involving them are even more likely to be costly and deadly.
- Tired Drivers: Truck drivers often work nights and extremely long hours. Though Department of Transportation regulations limit the number of hours a trucker can drive consecutively, these regulations aren’t always followed. A tired driver is more likely to make a mistake in securing cargo.
Common Unsecured Load Accident Injuries
Accidents involving large trucks and 18-wheelers are statistically more dangerous than standard automobile accidents. The following injuries are common results of unsecured load accidents:
- Cuts and Lacerations: Since debris falling from trucks can bust windshields, cuts and lacerations from glass or the debris itself are possible. Lacerations, depending on their depth, may need stitches and can cause extreme blood loss.
- Broken Bones: If swerving to avoid debris causes your vehicle to flip, bones can easily be broken as a result. Broken arms, legs, ribs, and collarbones can occur and cause the injury victim extreme pain as well as the need for surgery.
- TBIs (Traumatic Brain Injuries): Blunt trauma to the head in an unsecured load accident can cause a TBI, which may not present itself immediately. TBIs, at their worst, can cause memory loss and issues with motor functions.
If another party’s negligence caused you to suffer any of these or other injuries, don’t delay in pursuing the compensation you need to cover your medical expenses and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve provided answers to some of the more common questions we receive about accidents caused by unsecured loads. Your attorney can answer any additional questions you might have about your case.
What types of compensation could I get for my unsecured load accident?
If you’ve been injured in an unsecured load accident in Tennessee, you’re entitled to seek several types of compensation. Compensation types you can pursue include, but aren’t limited to:
- Medical Bills Compensation: Medical bills compensation is intended to cover all medical bills, present and future, that you incur as a result of your accident. It’s important to get a fair and full settlement because your medical bills may not end as soon as you leave the doctor or hospital. You deserve to have coverage for any ongoing treatments you may need, and Gold Law Firm can help you get compensation that takes future expenses into account.
- Lost Wages Compensation: Lost wages compensation is intended to cover the income you lose from missing work due to your accident. Depending on the extent of your injuries and property damage, you may be out of work for an unexpected amount of time. Lost wages compensation can prevent you from having to suffer because of it.
- Pain and Suffering: Pain and suffering compensation is a general amount that is often awarded to injured victims for the hardships they’ve had to endure post-accident. Unsecured load accident victims may be left in serious pain or grieving a loved one, and this compensation can help ease any associated burdens.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit for my unsecured load accident?
The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit in Tennessee is one year from the date of the accident. One year is one of the shortest statutes in the United States. In Tennessee, there is no time to delay in filing a claim for compensation. That’s why it’s important to seek prompt medical attention and legal advice after an unsecured load accident.
Can I file a wrongful death lawsuit if I lost a loved one in an unsecured load accident?
Yes. We understand that the pressure of filing a lawsuit may feel like too much to bear if you’ve recently lost a loved one in an unsecured load accident. Though no amount of money can bring your loved one back, getting fair and full compensation through filing a wrongful death lawsuit can ease financial burdens and help you focus on recovering from your loss. Our attorneys at Gold Law Firm can help.
Hurt in an Unsecured Load Accident? Call Gold Law Firm Today
If you’ve been hurt in an unsecured load accident in Memphis or a surrounding area, don’t delay in pursuing the compensation you need to heal as easily as possible. The last thing you should be worried about during your recovery is mounting medical bills. Let our truck accident attorneys handle the legal legwork, so you don’t have to.
Call Gold Law Firm today at (901) 244-5003 or reach out to us online for your free case evaluation. And remember, you won’t owe us a cent unless we win your case. We’re ready to work on your case.